msar-riders - [MSAR] Training

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Marie Lester" <marie.lester@gmail.com>
  • To: dbs54neigh@earthlink.net, "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Training
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 15:08:28 -0400

Our unit is planning a Riddle Ride on Sat. The idea is to create
riddles that require the members to solve the problem, all of which
are related to GPS use, formation, CPR/ First Aid, search patterns,
etc. The riddles are on cards that will be hidden next to the
trails. Riders and walkers will be expected to find these cards by
using their GPS's, after being given coordinates. Though we are
trying to make this a fun exercise, continued training is always on
the agenda.

Our mission has been to hone in on GPS skills for all members,
continue to work on team work, and recall basic training in CPR/ First
Aid.

CENTRAL OHIO MOUNTED SEARCH UNIT
Marie Lester, Training Officer