msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] "ICE" for Rescuers

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] "ICE" for Rescuers
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 21:34:35 -0600

Jorene Downs wrote:
>Where are your team's files?

That is Need To Know information, Jorene, and you don't need
to know.

Folks, as I've mentioned before, unlike many western states
including California, and like many eastern states, in New
Mexico SAR is not operated out of county sheriff's offices
but instead is a state-wide function. And in the entire state
there is only one paid SAR person. We have no 24hr manned
dispatch office, no records office, no trailer that will be
at every incident. Each of the now over 80 recognized SAR
teams (units) in New Mexico keeps its own records. We take
good care of each other, the old fashioned way: we work as
a team, and we know the people with whom we work.