msar-riders - [MSAR] Professional behavior

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Professional behavior
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:09:31 -0600

Lyne Peterson wrote:
>Can't we discuss things in a professional manner?

Lyne, perhaps you are over-interpreting things here?

My 2 cents more...

Professionals arguing are still professionals. No one
has stooped to ad hominems nor stated that they take
offense. And even if someone does take offense, that
would not necessarily mean that anyone here has been
unprofessional. What *would* be truly unprofessional
would be to practice Group Think or maintain a false
appearance of unity, at the expense of real thinking,
learning, and growth.

On MSAR-Riders I want to see the fullest diversity of
experience, education, practice, opinion, and thought.