msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Operational issues / Possible Magazine Article about MSAR

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Operational issues / Possible Magazine Article about MSAR
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:50:55 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Una Smith" <una.smith@att.net>
Jorene Downs wrote:
I see showing up with a pre-defined team and team leaders
as more of a Mutual Aid issue than a local response issue.

Here in New Mexico, there is little or no distinction between
local response and mutual aid.

I'm aware of the different SAR structure in NM. Since the vast majority of states have local / operational area response and Mutual Aid response, local SAR / MSAR may be very different than what you're accustomed to.

Your stronger input would be more related to Mutual Aid response issues, but you're not really familiar with the far more common local issues since your only SAR experience (IIRC) is in the unique statewide NM SAR structure. Most MSAR-Riders are accustomed to local MSAR issues, and some are also familiar with Mutual Aid response issues. We need to make sure we're all talking about the same operational level issues or it can get confusing. ;)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
Tulare SAR - Hasty Team ICP Team
www.ceoates.com/sar