msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Operational considerations re call-outs

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Operational considerations re call-outs
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 13:36:07 -0800

Our call-out trees are organized geographically, to optimize response time. (This also reduces the number of long distance charges incurred in our large county.) Any special qualifications for the individual are noted on the list so selective calling can occur.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
Tulare SAR - Hasty Team ICP Team
www.ceoates.com/sar
Tulare-Kings CERT
www.tk-cert.org

----- Original Message ----- From: "Una Smith" <una.smith@att.net>

This is drifting off the topic of magazine articles,
so I have changed the subject line.

Lydia Mabry wrote:
The only reason a 'rookie' would be the last called on our team is that
his/her name is at the bottom of the list.

Order on the phone list probably is the main thing that
determines in what order you get called. So it may be
sensible to organize the list in some functional order,
not by surname in alphabetical order.

Another issue to consider re in what order to contact
your team members, is location of the mission. It can
be useful to call first those team members who live
the farthest away from the mission location. Or, to
call first those who live closest, and leave the rest
for a "second wave" deployment.