market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] wilted lettuce at market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "BarbaraJ" <jbmckillip AT mesanetworks.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] wilted lettuce at market
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 06:27:04 -0600

The wind has been dreadful here too....waiting for my high tunnel to take off into flight, trying to keep it vented has been an issue with temps in the 70's and wind speeds in the upper 40 mph.
Carla, is your lettuce already bagged? Last year, I took lettuce mix in bags and it looked fabulous in the cooler but I had condensation on the inside of my bags because of the temp changes. I'd love to know how everyone is keeping their lettuce great looking and are you bagging first or bagging at market. Sorry, not much help Carla, but listening to everyone else!
Barb
Front Range, Colorado
----- Original Message ----- From: <cjmaness AT juno.com>