market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] wilted lettuce at market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "mdbrabo AT att.net" <mdbrabo AT att.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] wilted lettuce at market
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 09:37:05 -0500

Barb,

We're charging $4 for 1/2# bags here at market in the St Louis area. We sell out every week.

For wilting we immediately mist each tray as it's picked then get it in the cooler. Sealed bags on ice help protect from wind and heat.

Peace,
Mike
Vesterbrook Farm, Clarksville MO
http://www.vesterbrookfarm.com/