market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Rodale bug catcher

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marcy Nameth" <mlynnn AT wildblue.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Rodale bug catcher
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 19:05:08 -0600

I just noticed some squash bugs in our house the last couple nights. We have
a gooseneck lamp that I bend over a bowl of sudsy water at night (we have a
very old house that has lots of places bugs can get in).
We've been thinking about doing something similar in the pumpkin patch.

Kim, I can't quite get the whole picture of your bug catcher and I'm very
curious!
Do you build a wooden box?
Where is the light?
Where do the bugs fly in and where is the fan?
Any dimensions and wattage of bulb?
Sounds like my kinda deal!
Thanks Kim!!

Marcy