market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] food dehydrators

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tom at Limerock" <limerock AT thirdplanet.net>
  • To: <farmersue AT myfairpoint.net>, "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] food dehydrators
  • Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 05:52:34 -0400

Another 'thumbs up' for Excalibur from us. Bought one over six years ago, used it one year, put it away, and just finished off our first batch of tomatoes yesterday. Forgot how much I/we liked it.

The key (with any brand) is to be consistent with the thickness of your slices.

Tom
Limerock Orchards and Roadside Market
Near Lake Erie
(As cool as it is, I feel like looking for some nuts to hide for winter.)

I need a new dehydrator for my peppers, and other things. I heard excaliber
dehydrators were good. What are your opinions? Or your favorite ones?
Thank you all.

Sue
Vermont...where the temperatures are cooler and I thought we were going to
have a frost last Thursday, but didn't. Looks like fall is around the
corner.