market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] food dehydrators

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] food dehydrators
  • Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 06:46:13 -0500

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 05:52:34AM -0400, Tom at Limerock wrote:
> Another 'thumbs up' for Excalibur from us. Bought one over six years ago,

And another.

I've had two 9 trays for several years, one with timer and one without.
The timer only hinders production for me.
After buying one of these this year:
http://is.gd/2Hpcc
I bought two more Excaliburs:
http://is.gd/2Hp6s
I don't find the $160 price currently listed. It might be worthwhile
to watch for renewed postings of the "refurbished" models.

The STX has large holes in the trays through which drying food can fall
and hinder tray extraction. Also, the front of the trays forms the
front door so all trays must be in place while drying. In the
Excaliburs, trays can be left out to accommodate oversize food chunks.
The ten STX trays have less area than the nine Excalibur trays.

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime 624 days 32 min minutes