market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tillage is tillage

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: road's end farm <organic101 AT linkny.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tillage is tillage
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 10:38:53 -0500

On Feb 6, 2007, at 11:42 PM, Tradingpost wrote:

My point was simply that people have to be able to make a good living at
it, to stay on the land. Sure, husband the soil, but your point about
irrigation pumps escapes me. Let's hear about making a good living at it.
Let's hear how new market farmers can get into the business and grow
sustainably without having a fat trust fund to get started. I'm sure you
have more to add.

paul tradingpost AT lobo.net

Paul, what are you yourself doing?

What crops are you growing, on approximately what scale; what methods, and what specific tools, are you using for bed preparation, planting, and weed control?