market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tillage is tillage

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost AT lobo.net>
  • To: avalonfarmshomegrown AT earthlink.net, market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tillage is tillage
  • Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 18:42:06 -0700

What I'm most interested in is the cost-price squeeze and production
challenges facing small growers, particularly with vegetables. I'm
researching these problems and possible innovations that would be practical
and doable. Certainly people in farming all kinds are doing it because they
want to, and not often because they're getting rich on the land. Certainly
it takes work and often it takes an outside job in the family to just break
even. The unique problems of farm families are serious business, whether
the rest of the country realizes it or not. I've been concerned with this
since I saw cotton farmers going under in the '50s.

paul tradingpost AT lobo.net