internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Nature vs Nurture (was Re: CATV signals)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jim Ray <jim AT neuse.net>
  • To: Internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Nature vs Nurture (was Re: CATV signals)
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 11:14:14 -0500

actually, me thinks the 480V 3 phase factory legs supply the 240V office by design.  i couldn't really tell you, though, because my little world is decidedly under 5V and shrinking toward the silicon bandgap.  let those smart people deal with the high voltage stuff.

i dunno what the voltage of mother nature's legs might be and hope i don't find out.  she doesn't follow the rules of mankind or the wires.  me thinks that protective fuse was the $60 variety.  doesn't that just really blow that you think you've got good protection only to find out mother nature is gonna have her way despite the effort?