internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] USA wants to track all vehicles with GPS

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: B Holroyd <beeholroyd AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] USA wants to track all vehicles with GPS
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 11:24:03 -0500

People look at me funny when I ask them, what will we do when our very
environment tells on us? The 5th Amendment (against
self-incrimination) will be moot.... We'll have black boxes in our
cars, cameras in all of our public and quasi-public areas (including
just outside our front doors), airwaves that don't come under
"privacy" protection as fully as wired communications (cell phones,
wi-fi).... I'm sure that you can think of more ways for the Powers
That Be to keep a close eye and sharp ear on all of our activities.
Now, if I could watch my government employees and elected officials as
closely, the sting might not be as great, but I can't see Senator Dole
allowing a Webcam in her office 24-7, or the local commissioners
buying a series of Webcams in the local jailhouse so we can check on
how Officer Bubba is treating Cousin Slackard. Maybe we need a
Constitutional Amendment that guarantees citizens sight-and-sound
access to the "public service areas" -- the Senate, Congress,
statehouses, capitals, jailhouses, courtrooms, public-street cams --
for free, over the Web. I'd vote for it.

http://www.bholroyd.com/