freetds - Re: [freetds] Cross compilation, warnings and errors

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Luis Lavena <luislavena AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Cross compilation, warnings and errors
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 12:15:24 -0300

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 12:09 PM, Ken Collins <ken AT metaskills.net> wrote:

> Luis,
>
> In the past I have just seen patches come directly in the email body and
> sometimes links. I'm not sure this project is VCS crazy like we are with
> tickets and patches, etc. Unless someone says otherwise, I would just
> attach patches or links to gists or something to the mailing list. Seems to
> have worked for others in the past.

cp file.ext to file.ext.orig
# edit file.ext
diff -u file.ext.orig file.ext

There is a lot of manual overhead on that simple action. There is also
the lack of history of the changes or against which version/revision
was it implemented.

I can do it, but sometimes I want to take advantage of the tools and
not the tools take advantage of me.

--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17