freetds - Re: [freetds] Cross compilation, warnings and errors

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Luis Lavena <luislavena AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Cross compilation, warnings and errors
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 19:04:09 -0300

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 4:26 PM, James K. Lowden <jklowden AT freetds.org> wrote:

Hello James

> If memory serves, LPCBYTE is defined in windows.h.  It's not used by
> FreeTDS, but is provided in the Microsoft-compatible header file,
> sqlfront.h for use by applications.  The versions of winscard.h I found on
> the 'net that define LPCBYTE looked very similar to what's in sqlfront.h,
> though, so it's hard to see exactly what gcc is complaining about.

Actually what GCC is telling me is that sqlfront.h redefines LPCBYTE,
and that previous definition was already in MinGW headers (winscard.h)
and sqlfront.h is been required by bsqldb.c

Also, what about the configure warning?

> If I were you, I'd look into why the "TiniTDS" project includes winscard.h,
> which supports smartcards.  FreeTDS certainly doesn't need it.  If your aim
> is cross-compilation, minimizing your include file dependencies will make
> your job easier.

I haven't arrived yet to deal with TinyTDS, I'm trying to compile
FreeTDS first :-)

> Also, unless you absolutely require Microsoft compatibility, I recommend
> using the Sybase(-standard) sybfront.h and sybdb.h instead.

Perhaps I'm not following you, but the idea of using FreeTDS is to be
able to connect with MSSQL :-)

>> On a sidenote, I was unable to find a bug tracker to report this issue
>> (direct link form the website) or source code checkout instructions
>> either.
>
> There is a link under "Developing" at www.freetds.org to the Sourceforge
> site.  Near the top of that page is a "Tracker" link.  I find issues easier
> to resolve here on the mailing list, though, where we can discuss the
> details.

Thank you.

Can you also point me to the canonical repository? AFAIK the Git
(GitHub) mirror is out of date.

Regards,
--
Luis Lavena