freetds - Re: [freetds] Cross compilation, warnings and errors

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ken Collins <ken AT metaskills.net>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Cross compilation, warnings and errors
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 22:22:36 -0500

On Jan 24, 2011, at 10:42 AM, jklowden AT schemamania.org wrote:

>> #ifndef TINYTDS_EXT
>> #define TINYTDS_EXT
>> #define MSDBLIB
>>
>> #include <ruby.h>
>> #include <sqlfront.h>
>> #include <sybdb.h>
>> #include <syberror.h>
>
> Why?

A bit of ignorance mixed with a touch of bad example code.

I mostly knew everything you were talking about, but we did have one problem
that caused us to use the MSDBLIB members of the DBDATEREC. After looking at
the source for the latest version, it was apparant. Seems the sybase for
month is 0-11 instead of 1-12. Easy fix and all tests are passing. FYI, you
were right about syberror.h not being needed as well.

Please continue to help Luis if you can. He was not even at the point of
installing TinyTDS, but was only working on FreeTDS. Hopefully when those are
solved the changes you helped with will continue to make things work.

- Ken