freetds - Re: [freetds] Cross compilation, warnings and errors

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ken Collins <ken AT metaskills.net>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Cross compilation, warnings and errors
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 17:23:13 -0500

On Jan 22, 2011, at 2:26 PM, James K. Lowden wrote:

> If memory serves, LPCBYTE is defined in windows.h. It's not used by
> FreeTDS, but is provided in the Microsoft-compatible header file,
> sqlfront.h for use by applications. The versions of winscard.h I found on
> the 'net that define LPCBYTE looked very similar to what's in sqlfront.h,
> though, so it's hard to see exactly what gcc is complaining about.
>
> If I were you, I'd look into why the "TiniTDS" project includes winscard.h,
> which supports smartcards. FreeTDS certainly doesn't need it. If your aim
> is cross-compilation, minimizing your include file dependencies will make
> your job easier.

The TinyTDS project does not include winscard.h (directly, or indirectly that
I know of). Our header looks something like this.
https://github.com/rails-sqlserver/tiny_tds/blob/master/ext/tiny_tds/tiny_tds_ext.h

#ifndef TINYTDS_EXT
#define TINYTDS_EXT
#define MSDBLIB

#include <ruby.h>
#include <sqlfront.h>
#include <sybdb.h>
#include <syberror.h>

> Also, unless you absolutely require Microsoft compatibility, I recommend
> using the Sybase(-standard) sybfront.h and sybdb.h instead.
>
>> On a sidenote, I was unable to find a bug tracker to report this issue
>> (direct link form the website) or source code checkout instructions
>> either.

I think we do that already. Please let me know if we do not. I define MSDBLIB
since we do want that since we are always taking to SQL Server (for now).

> There is a link under "Developing" at www.freetds.org to the Sourceforge
> site. Near the top of that page is a "Tracker" link. I find issues easier
> to resolve here on the mailing list, though, where we can discuss the
> details.
>
> HTH. Good luck with your project.

Luis, I'm rooting for you too :)

- Ken