freetds - Re: [freetds] Cross compilation, warnings and errors

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Cross compilation, warnings and errors
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 23:49:32 -0500

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 19:04:09 -0300
Luis Lavena <luislavena AT gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually what GCC is telling me is that sqlfront.h redefines LPCBYTE,
> and that previous definition was already in MinGW headers (winscard.h)
> and sqlfront.h is been required by bsqldb.c

Yes, I see. I don't know how that file came to be used in bsqldb.c. It's
not needed: I switched it to use sybfront.h, and it still compiles fine.
Sorry it misled you.

> Also, what about the configure warning?

Looks like our configure.ac needs to be updated:

http://www.gnu.org/software/hello/manual/autoconf/Present-But-Cannot-Be-Compiled.html

The AC_CHECK_HEADERS macro has been improved, and by using the new version,
we would catch certain kinds of problems at configure time instead of at
build time. The warning shouldn't interfere with your compilation, though.

I'm in the process of updating the machine that builds the distribution
tarballs. The new autotools are:

$ tools
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.65
automake (GNU automake) 1.11.1
ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 2.2.6b

Previously we were running autoconf 2.59, and likely as not the macro we're
using was written for a still older version.