cc-sampling - Re: [cc-sampling] name?

cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of the Creative Commons Sampling license (or license option)

  • From: David meme <david AT locarecords.com>
  • To: cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org, Cory Doctorow <cory AT eff.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [cc-sampling] name?
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 00:46:00 +0100

I disagree. I sample everything just to get the sounds into the computer but I am sampling my own work. So it is not derivative...

Still maybe a simple name is best?

On Saturday, September 13, 2003, at 09:39 pm, Lisa Rein wrote:

Also: Anyone using a CC Sampling license is going to be making a derivative work, by definition, so it seems logical to steer clear of using "derivative" in the name. It's both redundant and confusing.

L O C A R E C O R D S
Stick to What You Don't Know™

http://www.locarecords.com