baslinux - [BL] Having trouble with networking

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Having trouble with networking
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 20:16:10 -0800

Hi,

I recently got my hands on an old 486 box. BasLinux installed and
booted perfectly on this machine, and I was able to get the ethernet
card for it running (it's an EtherExpress 16, I used the eexpress.o
module from the BL directory). Everything including the assignment of
an IP address using udhcpc worked, so clearly it was able to talk to
my network in some fashion. However, everything I tried to do after
this has failed - I can't ping any other machines in the network. Any
ideas?

Regards,
Jason