baslinux - Re: [BL] lynx and links with msmtp as system mailer

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] lynx and links with msmtp as system mailer
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 03:11:33 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:
Will need an older wireless card. His is a 54G
with bumps. Is there any way to make those work
with BL and a newer kernel?

It's not just the kernel. The BL3 cardmgr is unable
to use those cardbus cards (with gold bumps).

Will BL2 (glibc6) cardmgr work with it? I was unable to compile one of the required modules (yenta-socket?).

One of this person's three laptop computers has a dead hard drive (the very thin type, which we do not have). Knoppix runs on there but does not recognize the Belkin wireless G card. It finds my older cards. DSL linux apparently uses ndiswrapper for this card (and crashes). Five people gave up on the card.

We could buy an aironet or orinoco wireless card instead of a hard drive, and run BL3 from CD.

And use the cardbus card in the other (working) laptop.

No floppy drive.