baslinux - Re: [BL] Having trouble with networking

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Having trouble with networking
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 08:30:14 +1300

Message from Steven
===================
Jason wrote:

> Everything including the assignment of an IP address
> using udhcpc worked, so clearly it was able to talk to
> my network in some fashion. However, everything I tried
> to do after this has failed

Please execute 'ifconfig' to check the eth0 interface.
Is the inet address what you expect? Are there any
RX or TX errors?

> I can't ping any other machines in the network.

Are you pinging them by number or by name?

> Any ideas?

If none of the above reveal the problem, please tell
us the inet address of your 486 and the inet addresses
of the machines it is trying to ping.