baslinux - Re: [BL] Having trouble with networking

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Having trouble with networking
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 18:31:34 +1300

Message from Steven
===================
Jason wrote:

> I tried pinging that address, and it failed to contact it.

That's a pity. Looks like we've still got some work to do.

> I'm fairly certain that the hardware is working properly,

Are you getting a fresh address (udhcpc) each time
you boot the system? Or are you using the address
you got several days ago?

Can you ping yourself using that address?

> I can't think of anything else that might be going wrong...

Perhaps the kernel module isn't quite right for
network card. What are the details of your network
card?