baslinux - Re: [BL] Having trouble with networking

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Having trouble with networking
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 12:30:08 -0800

Hi,

As far as I can tell, the IP address is obtained through valid DHCP
communications every time - when no DHCP server is present, it fails
to obtain an IP address.

The card is labelled "Intel 8/16 LAN Adapter," which is apparently the
same card as the Intel EtherExpress 16, and the DOS driver for the
EtherExpress 16 works with it. The card is set to run in 16-bit mode
(I checked this using the Intel diagnostic utility). I haven't been
able to find out much else about it.

I also tried connecting the box directly to my laptop and statically
configuring IPs, and it was still incapable of communication. I
noticed, when I tried pinging from the 486, that my laptop reported
receiving packets, but treated every received packet as an error.
I'll probably try using wireshark on it later.

Regards,
Jason