baslinux - Re: [BL] Tseng with X servers

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Tseng with X servers
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:55:53 +0000 (UTC)

I was able to get my 2.5MB Tseng card working properly with X.

I have another one, 2MB video RAM, which with Xvesa goes to 1280 res (but crashes sometimes on exit).

Yesterday I also got a Virge working as svga or s3v.

I tried my generic XF86Config and it did not work (with w32 for Tseng or svga) nor did Steven's bl2-x.package for vga.

MS DOS 7.10 standalone

Using VESA driver, 2048KB. VBE2.0
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
.xinit: Connection refused (errno 111): unexpected signal 2

waiting for X server to shut down

Xvesa continues to work fine on this computer. I have not tried xfbdev but will do so next.

Abiword does not work with Xvesa or xfbdev in BL2 (xset won't work), and Xvesa crashes here, otherwise I could keep using it.

Any ideas short of switching cards? I like Tseng because it will do 100 text columns and vesafb and my other PCI cards will not.