baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 with PCMCIA compact flash adaptor

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 with PCMCIA compact flash adaptor
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 04:38:26 +0000 (UTC)

The error message when this card did not work was something about /dev/hde1 not existing. My partner suggested we made /dev/hde1 and then it worked.
hda and hdb - hard drives
hdc - CD-ROM drive
hdd - IDE zip drive
hde - pcmcia-slot mass storage device (compact flash card adaptor).
hdf - same controller

Has anyone else needed hde with BL? What do external floppy or hard or CD-ROM drives act like? Would it help to have hde* in BL?