baslinux - Re: [BL] Tseng with X servers

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Tseng with X servers
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 14:09:54 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, sindi keesan wrote:

Is there some way to create your own working modeline line for a monitor?

I use xvidtune for generating modelines. It's gui'd, though there may be CLI versions--dunno. You just adjust settings (left right, up down, narrower wider) til it looks ok, then tell it to generate the modeline. I think you do this by clicking "show." If you've run it from a terminal, the modeline will show up in the terminal (stdout) and can be copied and pasted into XF86Config. It's certainly available for all versions of Slackware, though I'm not sure if it's a discrete package or part of some larger package.

James