baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:22:45 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Sindi Keesan wrote:
> >
> > This means that the eznet that you have compiled can be
> > used with Bl2 and BL3?
>
> No. BL2 uses glibc2. BL3 (including eznet) uses libc5.

And it won't work with BL1 because it is compiled for the later kernel,
right? You did not say if I could try out your new eznet with my BL1/Bl2
hybrid so that I can test if lynx works with it online. Is that eznet
likely to work with my hybrid?

> > All of the internet connections that I have used recently
> > provide webmail. Why do you even need a mailreader?
>
> To read/write mail offline.

Your ISP must have a good spam filter. I would not want to download most
of my mail. It is quicker to read the non-spam online than to download
everything. I can use pine at a shell account and if I want to compose
mail offline, just upload and import it into my message.

> > Can you use chat instead of eznet, or it is too large?
>
> Why would I want to use chat? eznet is working fine.

You said it was not cooperating well with the mailreader. Maybe it would
be easier to get the mailreader to work with chat.