baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 19:22:33 +1300

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> Does this new eznet work only with the 2.2 kernel or
> also with 2.0 kernel?

It works with pppd 2.3 (but not with pppd 2.2).
I don't think the kernel is an issue for eznet
(as long as it has ppp capability).

> > The only remaining hurdle is the new mailreader.
> Why is this a problem? Do you need to compile it yourself?

The problem is interfacing it with the mailreader.
The mailreader is designed to output to a local SMTP server.
Somehow I have to capture that output and convert it to the
format that eznet expects. Eznet is proving to be extremely
fussy and uncooperative.

> How large do you expect baslinux.gz to be for BL3?

Everything will fit on two floppies.