baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:14:15 +1300

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> I booted with the SW71 (BL2) kernel (2.2.16) and have the
> matching SW71 slhc.o and ppp.o installed. I ran pppsetup
> to load the modules.
> The library is glibc5 (BL1, SW3.5).
> ldd pppd-2.2 or 2.3 - libc.so.5.
>
> I typed ppp-on and again got a dialing failure.

Are you dialing with eznet? The eznet in BL1 doesn't work
with pppd 2.3

> I rebooted with the older kernel and modules, and I renamed
> pppd-2.2 to pppd, and it dialed.

The eznet in BL1 works with pppd 2.2. The eznet in BL2 works
with ppp 2.3 (but it doesn't work with libc5). Isn't this
fun?

When I execute eznet (without parameters) I see an option called
pppversion. It may be possible to use this to get the eznet in
BL1 to work with pppd 2.3. But I don't know the syntax for
that one.