baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 13:21:41 +1300 (NZDT)

> > No. BL2 uses glibc2. BL3 (including eznet) uses libc5.
>
> And it won't work with BL1 because it is compiled for the
> later kernel, right?

The kernel is not an issue for eznet. It is pppd that has the
problem with the kernel.

> Your ISP must have a good spam filter.

I avoid spam by using a disposable email address which routes all
my mail via spamcon.org. It's a fee service.

> > Why would I want to use chat? eznet is working fine.
>
> You said it was not cooperating well with the mailreader.

I said pmail was not cooperating with the mailreader (although I
have now fixed that). In order to get mail to work, four different
layers need to cooperate:
(1) the dialer and connector (eznet)
(2) the network (pppd)
(3) the mail transport agent (pmail)
(4) the mail reader/writer (readmail)

In order to get (3) to work with (4), I had to write a script
to format the output of (4) in a way that (3) could understand.
If you can read this message, that means its working.