baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3
  • Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 12:27:26 -0500 (EST)

I was able to use BL1 with the 2.2.16 kernel from BL2, and pppd 2.3
(included with ppp.tgz from SW3.5) by adding pppversion 2.3 to the end of
eznet.conf. It dials and connects just fine (I am connected that way now)
and will telnet, but lynx compiled statically on my BL2 machine is still
able to access only local html pages. 'Cannot access remote site'.

The links 0.9x for BL1 works fine on this connection.
So does the lynx 2.6 compiled for SW3.2.
So does telnet. They all use the same eznet.conf and DNS numbers.

But my static lynx, which works for BL2, won't work with the BL1 library
libc5, 2.2.16 kernel, and the newer pppd 2.3.

Any ideas why? Might pppd 2.3 differ from that used in BL2?

Does anyone else (such as Steven, who already has BL3 working online)
want to confirm that lynx won't work with BL3?

Is there a linux equivalent of mode mono (TTL emulation, no colors, when
using VGA video)?

Sindi Keesan