baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 00:32:17 -0500 (EST)

Since you say you won't be doing a 2-floppy version of BL3 (at least for a
while) or making it easy to install to hard drive, could you set it up to
save the pppd configuration files (phone number, DNS numbers, etc.) to the
hard drive directory where BL3 is booted from, rather than to a floppy
disk? (In the floppy disk version maybe you could offer a choice). I was
always losing my floppy disk and having to make a new one in order to use
the RAMdisk BL1 or BL2. Or leaving it in the drive and not being able to
boot to DOS.

I have probably learned enough to unzip baslinux.gz and modify the two
files, and gzip them back to a new baslinux.gz, but many users would
have no idea how to do this. Another option is to include instructions on
how to gunzip baslinux.gz and modify the configuration files and
recompress, while using the ramdisk version. (Users can always unzip the
downloaded file again if they mess things up).