baslinux - Re: [BL] BL and the small web browser

  • From: <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL and the small web browser
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 10:12:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 3 May 2003 qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> keesan2 AT cyberspace.org wrote:
> >
> > > ar (30mb uncompressed) is in binutils (/slakware/d1).
> Sorry about that. It's 30kb.

(The ar file is what you need to unpackage Debian packages:
ar -x filename.deb according to Neo Sze Wee)

I just got ar and ar.1.gz man page via my friend's server (downloaded the
1.5M binutils.tgz via DSL at 27K/sec, ftp'ed the 30K file here). Photopc
for Debian needs glibc6 >= 2.1.97. Will it work with our glibc6 2.1.3?
(No other dependencies).

Doug has made me yet another pdftotext from foolabs source code - the last
two did not work, he says, because you cannot gzexe on one machine and
have it work on another machine. This one is about 900K. Will download
and try it soon. I cannot imagine why it is so large when the DOS (older)
version is 170K.

> > Some day I will have the free space to download MANIFEST.
>
> MANIFEST.gz is only 785kb (I got it right that time).
> It certainly swells to many megabytes when you gunzip
> it, but there is no need to. zless is able to display
> and search a compressed file.

Ok, I will get the file and stop bothering you with questions about where
to find things. Thanks.

Sindi Keesan