xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Problem with "Missing scheme in absolute URI reference"

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: cowtowncoder AT yahoo.com
  • Cc: XOM interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Problem with "Missing scheme in absolute URI reference"
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 12:56:01 -0800

Tatu Saloranta wrote:

Apologies for wild speculation here, but one case I have seen myself (wrt.
sample svg documents) is the use of default attribute value definition to
provide the default namespace declaration.
This seems like a convoluted thing to me, but is legal as per xml & xml
namespaces specs; and such a test is part of XMLTest test suite.
Similarly one can provide default namespace bindings for explicit prefixes.

Could this be what brings in the broken default namespace declaration?

Yes, that's why the namespace is appearing. The DTD provides a default attribute value. The tricky bit is why the default attribute value is %SVGNamespace; instead of the value of the parameter entity reference, but I suspect you're right about that too.

Refactoring HTML Just Published!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0321503635/ref=nosim/cafeaulaitA