xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Problem with "Missing scheme in absolute URI reference"

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Tatu Saloranta <cowtowncoder AT yahoo.com>
  • To: XOM interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Problem with "Missing scheme in absolute URI reference"
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 10:35:51 -0800 (PST)

--- On Sat, 1/3/09, Peter Murray-Rust <pm286 AT cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> the problem). I would assume - like Tatu - that the PE would
> not be replaced in Eliotte's example. I can't see
> how any namespaces could be applied to the svg element, so I
> am still mystified as to how the bug materializes.

Apologies for wild speculation here, but one case I have seen myself (wrt.
sample svg documents) is the use of default attribute value definition to
provide the default namespace declaration.
This seems like a convoluted thing to me, but is legal as per xml & xml
namespaces specs; and such a test is part of XMLTest test suite.
Similarly one can provide default namespace bindings for explicit prefixes.

Could this be what brings in the broken default namespace declaration?

-+ Tatu +-