xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] classloading bug with xom used in servlet

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Wolfgang Hoschek <whoschek AT lbl.gov>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] classloading bug with xom used in servlet
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 22:23:28 -0500

I've succeeded in getting my sample servlet (nu.xom.samples.FibonacciServlet) running on Tomcat by fixing the Verifier static block along the lines you suggested. The fix is checked into CVS. Please try it out and let me know what you think. Thanks very much for this report. It is not the sort of bug I would have found on my own, or could have easily diagnosed myself.

This bug feels fairly significant to me. Do people think it's worth making a quick release just to fix this problem? This would not be the line-in-the-sand alpha release I planned, just a help for anyone trying to use XOM in a servlet or other multiclassloader environment. There wouldn't be any API changes at this point.

Effective XML (Addison-Wesley, 2003)