wikiworld - Re: [Wiki World] Let's open the list :)

wikiworld AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: WikiWorld

  • From: fredbaud AT waterwiki.info
  • To: "WikiWorld" <wikiworld AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Wiki World] Let's open the list :)
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 23:19:39 +0000

Wikipedia's mailing lists used to be much more friendly and useful. Now, more than half the post are by clueless folks who just want to argue. Only a few people from the old days still monitor the lists and I regularly delete entire topics and most posts by certain editors.

The lists are unmoderated and there is a lot of low level noise not directed towards moving the project forward. I don't know any way we can recreate the old days which it was all new, shiny and fresh.

Fred