typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Random Observation

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "J Neo Marvin" <j_n_e_o AT hotmail.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Random Observation
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 09:20:05 -0700

I found that book extremely trite and annoying. Like a "Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus" approach to rock criticism.

-J Neo Marvin

http://www.earcandleproductions.com
http://www.live365.com/stations/jneomarvin

I'm curious to know what others think of Reynolds and
Press's The Sex Revolts: Gender, Rebellion, and Rock n
Roll? I had mixed feelings about that book...I loved so
many of the bands covered and thought it had interesting
points but I also found I vehemently disagreed with many of
the arguments made. It's been a while since I read it
tho...

Emily

Make every IM count. Download Messenger and join the i’m Initiative now. It’s free. http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGHM_June07