typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] rip it up and start again

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "dan bailey" <dpbailey AT att.net>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] rip it up and start again
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 22:45:59 -0600

actually, from what i heard back when the book came out (i, too, bought the
original edition from amazon.uk way back when), largely u.s.-oriented stuff
*did* get excised for publication over here, particularly the sst chapter.
dunno if that's true, but certainly the sst stuff doesn't really fit the
whole postpunk vibe, imho.

dan