sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] udev 090, libgphoto 2.1.99, linux 2.6.15

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Geoffrey Derber <gderber AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] udev 090, libgphoto 2.1.99, linux 2.6.15
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 08:47:52 -0500

--------- Original Message --------
From: steve-e <steve-e AT h3c.de>
To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org <sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Date: 28/04/06 17:15

> What camera do you own?
>
> &gt; Anyone have any ideas on what I can do. I even tried to see if I
could
> &gt; mount the node that udev creates, however I received an error message
about
> &gt; the device not being a block device.
>
> Only a few devices can be mounted and used as a normal flash disk. For
> the others you need libgphoto.
>
> Because of the lack of information it is hard to help you. But have
> verified that your camera is supported by libgphoto and have you tried
> to access it as root? Maybe you only have to set the right permissions.
>
> steve

Sorry, The camera is a Canon Digital Rebel XT. I guess I should have
indicated it used to only work with libgphoto. I gave the mounting method
as a try because libgphoto stopped detecting the camera when I updated to
the 2.6.15 kernel.

Anyways, I partially solved my problem by updating libusb to that in the
test grimoire. Now though, libgphoto can see the device, however only root
has the proper permissions to read the files from the camera. It's an
improvement at least.

Thanks for the help.
Geoff

Message sent using UebiMiau 2.7.9