sm-users - [SM-Users] udev 090, libgphoto 2.1.99, linux 2.6.15

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Geoffrey Derber <gderber AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Users] udev 090, libgphoto 2.1.99, linux 2.6.15
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 04:48:49 -0500

I am having trouble accessing my camera with udev both the version from
stable-rc and the version in test, along with the 2.6.15 kernel.

Auto-detecting of the camera is not working. I found the note in FINAL for
libgphoto2, however, I do not have any camera modules compiled in the
kernel, so that did not help any.

I did notice udev is creating a usb device in /dev, however, gphoto can not
find the camera. I found the camera info in /sys.

I've tried to find a solution, however I'm stumped. I tried both having
hotplug installed, and not having it installed, either way, no difference.

It was working with linux 2.6.14 and the older udev versions with hotplug
installed.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can do. I even tried to see if I could
mount the node that udev creates, however I received an error message about
the device not being a block device.

Geoff

Message sent using UebiMiau 2.7.9