sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] udev 090, libgphoto 2.1.99, linux 2.6.15

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: steve-e <steve-e AT h3c.de>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] udev 090, libgphoto 2.1.99, linux 2.6.15
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 14:57:18 +0200

What camera do you own?

> Anyone have any ideas on what I can do. I even tried to see if I could
> mount the node that udev creates, however I received an error message about
> the device not being a block device.

Only a few devices can be mounted and used as a normal flash disk. For
the others you need libgphoto.

Because of the lack of information it is hard to help you. But have
verified that your camera is supported by libgphoto and have you tried
to access it as root? Maybe you only have to set the right permissions.

steve