sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] Install without ISO

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] Install without ISO
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 00:28:41 +0100

Am Mon, 19 Dec 2005 08:46:18 -0800 (PST)
schrieb Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>:

> an NFS problem than network drivers. Have you tried a 2.4 kernel on
> SMGL to see if that fixes your problem?

Phew! I guess that would mean a whole new install since I use nptl glibc...
(or I can try not to use any multithreading program?)
I'll try a current CD-Boot-Distro first. It'd be strange to blame the distro
for such a kernel-level thing, but I don't want to believe that with the
hundreth kernel (rough guess;-) config I suddenly manage to break NFS.
Remember that the kernel version (and sourcemage) is fine on other machines.

I'll keep investigating and who knows - this may even go to LKML eventually.

Thomas.