sm-users - RE: Re: [SM-Users] su command on ISO 0.7

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: evraire AT tuwg.com
  • To: hgreig AT bigpond.net.au;, sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: Re: [SM-Users] su command on ISO 0.7
  • Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 15:48:10 -0000

Hello,

> I would like to see floppy and cdrom entries in /etc/fstab after
> install with mount points in /mnt/*

Careful: not all systems include floppy drives anymore! My brother's
Shuttle does not, and most macs since the first iMac don't either. :) I
agree it makes sense to have a /mnt/cdrom though as we're obviously
installing from an ISO and thus there must be a cdrom present (as I believe
you yourself have pointed out :). However I agree with another poster that
no entries should be present in the fstab, as an all-scsi system (or a system
with no floppy drive :) might generate an error.

From what I recall about the installation process the /etc/fstab file needs
to be modified anyway to properly specify the filesystem in certain cases
(reiserfs, xfs) so we could just provide a commented line for both the cdrom
and floppy drive. (Although I admit to not having done a SourceMage install
in a /very/ long time... glorious uptime! :) I suppose having empty
directories for both cdrom and floppy under /mnt can't hurt.

My two cents! (You did encourage us to be more verbose about our opinions.
;)

Jonathan Evraire
evraire at tuwg.com

Message sent via Toad-One
Anti-spam notice, this message originated from IP Address: 199.212.215.11