sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] su command on ISO 0.7

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Benoit PAPILLAULT <benoit.papillault AT free.fr>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] su command on ISO 0.7
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 08:59:22 +0200

Hello,

Two points:

1/ The entries that will be added in /etc/fstab will have the options
"noauto".
That means that such entries will not be mounted at boot time, but only on
user request. So, such entries will not cause any problem or error messages
if the CDROM or floppy drive is missing in the system.

2/ Concerning the CDROM drive, it will use the syntax /dev/cdroms/cdrom0,
meaning
that the system will autodetect the cdrom, whether it is SCSI or IDE (or
whatever).
This later needs to be tested. Who has an SCSI cdrom or PCMCIA cdrom drive?

Voila,
Benoit PAPILLAULT