sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] su command on ISO 0.7

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: Hamish Greig <hgreig AT bigpond.net.au>
  • Cc: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org, Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] su command on ISO 0.7
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 22:11:51 -0500

I'm not so sure it'd be a good idea to put floppy and cdrom entries in
/etc/fstab . I mean we'd have to go in and configure them anyway ( for the
cdrom
at least...)
I suppose a skeleton commented out would be best suited. For example: what if
someone has an all scsi system? Unless we can autodetect the cdrom drive it
might just provide some unnecessary error messages.
Besides, I'm feeling pretty confident that everyone using this distro is savy
enough to add their own entries to /etc/fstab and /mnt/

I am in favor of keeping the /mnt directory on the iso, because I use it
during
rescue. I supppose I could make it, but its kinda a defacto standard. Heck, it
might even be a standard somewhere. :)
Dave