sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] Install weirdness

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT optimaltec.com>
  • To: Jonathan Kelly <jonkelly AT inspired.net.au>
  • Cc: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] Install weirdness
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 12:07:40 -0400

Jonathan Kelly wrote:

There is something majorly weird about this distribution ... I'm having
nothing but problems trying to get things to work.

firstly, should "sorcery rebuild" recompile stuff multiple times? I not
rebuilding for a source distribution is "a good thing", but do I really
need to compile glibc three times? I stoped the rebuild at that point,
under the assumption that something must be broken.

glibc rebuild is triggered by other spells, what you saw is probably a rebuild triggered by `gettext' spell update.

So I just tried to "cast -r -c linux" and all I got was looked like the
text linux kernel config scrolling up the screen repeatedly on the
"processor selection". Hmmm ...

That's what I get with new 0.6 ISO, and this is very disturbing. I tried changing architecture (using sorcery UI) to almost /anything/, but I can't get any farther with this. I have Athlon XP now, with Pentium 3 it was always fine. But, two things: a) kernel compiles by hand using athlon as a CPU, which is good; b) 2.5 kernels compile from under sorcery (cast linux), but the fun part is make these kernels compile regardless of thmeselves, these are still development kernels. And I nedd nVidia nForce so I'm trying my luck with 2.5.73, without much progress thus far.

So maybe I need to get the rebuild finished ... So i tried that, and
xfsprogs failed, so I tried that manuall and got
This was taken care of already by other posters.

Sergey.