sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] kde4 in /opt/kde4

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Bor Kraljič <pyrobor AT ver.si>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] kde4 in /opt/kde4
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 19:24:53 +0200

On 29. MES 2011 10:14:29 Treeve Jelbert wrote:

> > > would it be possible to use the CONFLICTS in kdelibs4 to dispel
> > > anything that depends on kdelibs3, rather than change all the
> > > individual kde4 splells ?
> > >
> > > This might be less work.
> >
> > Well. I can use grep to get the list of spells:
> > $ git grep -E "^depends.*(kdelibs|kdebase)[^4]" -- *DEPENDS |cut -d"/"
> > -f2 This command gives me more or less all the spell that depend on
> > kdelibs3. Except for those that use KDE_DEPENDS in their DEPENDS file.
> > Thus with combination with this command:
> > $ git grep "KDE_DEPENDS" -- kde[^4]*DEPENDS | cut -d/ -f2
> > Should get all the spells that non-optionally depend on kdelibs3. Would
> > that be enough ?
> >
> > However there are spells that depend on it optionally. Those we don't
> > really need to conflict... User only needs "cleanse --prune" and
> > disables it.
> I came up with this small script, to be run as UP_TRIGGERS in kdelibs4,after
> renaming it to kdelibs, and assuming that all kde4 spells have the 4
> removed from their names, where applicable.
>

> # handle renaming of kde4 spells
> echo on_pre_cast $SPELL dispel ${SPELL//4}
> LL=`grep :kde.*4.*: /var/state/sorcery/depends|cut -d: -f1|sort|uniq`
> for S4 in $LL;do
> SS=${S4//4}
> if [ $S4 != $SS ];then
> echo on_cast $SPELL dispel $S4
> fi
> echo on_cast $SPELL cast -c $SS
> done
That will come in handy when we will rename all those spells. However we still
need protect kde3 users that don't want to upgrade to kde4. Some check if
first
number of installed version is 3 the cast should bailed out.

And we also need to what are we going to do with kde3. I am leaning towards
removing all the spells from grimoire. But that is quite a lot of spells to
remove. Just removing all the spells and those which have mandatory dependency
on kdelibs3 and removing optional from other spells. Come to think of it... Is
there another way of removing such large number of spells from grimoire ?